ABOUT THE CHEF…
ISHMEHAR KAUR a passionate and a humble Punjabi girl pursuing for the undergraduate course. Besides being a student I love to live myself in the world of food. Cooking, baking and preparing all sorts of food dishes is my passion and I believe in introducing my skills and my love for cooking through social media.
My YouTube account ‘The Food Trail’
PREPARATION OF ALOO KULCHA
TO PREPARE DOUGH:
- 2 cups maida / all-purpose flour / refined flour / plain flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup curd / yogurt, fresh thick
- 2 tsp oil
- Luke warm water as required, to knead
- firstly, knead the dough for 10 minutes with ingredients listed for dough.
- cover with a moist cloth and rest for 2 hours in warm p
FOR POTATO STUFFING:
- 2 large potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carrom seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- in a mixing bowl prepare stuffing mixture, the ingredients listed for stuffing.
- after 2 hours, pinch a ball sized dough.
and roll to 5 inch circular disk and place aloo stuffing in the centre.
- take the edge and start pleating by bringing to centre.
- sprinkle some sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
- gently roll to oval shape using rolling pin.
- brush with water over kulcha.
- furthermore, slowly flip over and put it on hot tawa and press gently.
- after a minute, flip the tawa upside down and cook kulcha directly on
- flame till they turn golden brown
- finally, spread some more butter and serve aloo kulcha hot.